Friday, July 1, 2011

1st July A Traditional Summer Holiday

We have all finished school now so the traditional holiday activities have started. Geoff and Maddison play computer games and I am sewing Geoff’s Christmas present. for those of you not aware of this great family tradition, it started in 2005 when I ran out of ideas of what to buy the man who would get himself what he wanted. So I started cross stitching aeroplanes for him. to date he has a Spitfire, a Vulcan and a Lancaster, each on sewn in an odd numbered year during that summer holiday and beyond. This year he will get a Hawk as they were built in Brough. My sewing will go on holiday with me for those days when the weather is against us.

Tomorrow I am going to start looking for books to read on the plane, I may even have to buy an Ipod so i have something to listen to as it,s quite a long flight (2 days travelling). I tried to organise our Friday taxi driver to pick us up on Tuesday but he was just confused about being asked this far in advance! I will leave it until Tuesday and ring him then.

We need to phone our landlord before we leave and confirm the fact we want another year lease on our flat as some of the landlords are strange. Priti and Donna are currently our houseguests as their landlord wanted an extra months rent (3500 LE) out of them to stay in their flat an extra day and was going to keep their bond as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment