Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Wednesday 9th February

IMG_5786IMG_5789

Time flows on around us.It seems strange that the biggest protest yet was held yesterday and yet it was just another item on the BBC world news. Now we have to watch Aljazeera (not sure if this is how you spell it) to be kept up to date with what is happening all around.

Maddison was out of bed in time to walk with us to church this morning (so 11:25), she says she wants to get up earlier tomorrow so i will arrange this for her! SmileShe also wants to go down to Road 9 and buy another book to read, she got one today she has nearly finished already.

The ministry for Education has asked that schools remain shut until the 20th, so I guess I won’t be going back to work on Sunday after all. It does mean I can keep going to the prayer meetings – which I am very pleased about, and I can contribute on Sunday to the meal packages for Monday by making ‘sloppy Joe’s’ ! (mince basically in a very thick sauce) if Kyle has a recipe he can send that would be good. I could also do with the recipe for St. Helena tomato paste that they make their sandwiches out of which is very cheap and tasty too (Maureen!).

Liz and Brian came for supper/tea (depending on where you live) today. Liz was a hairdresser at what point in her life so Maddy and I both had trims. It was fajitas for tea (hence the peppers) and when Liz asked what was for pudding I sent Geoff, Brian and Maddy to the Mall for, yes you’ve guessed it . . . . .CAKE! It was quite exciting  as there are now 2 tanks stationed there, one at either end! I shall go look tomorrow when I shall encourage Geoff to try his atm card.

 

Another exciting instalment tomorrow . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment