Monday, February 7, 2011

Monday 7th February

IMG_3232Phil, my ‘little’ brother

I’ve just realised it was Phil’s birthday yesterday, so happy birthday! No you won’t be getting an E card.

There, with that out of the way I can tell you how non eventful today actually was. Geoff and I were soooo lazy we didn’t get up until gone 10 and then quickly popped across to the shop to grab some bread and tuna for the Home group lunch we were having at Liz’s after the prayer meeting. Their gas bottle has run out so there wasn’t  any chance of anything hot apart from the delicious bread Liz had made in her bread maker. By the time we got back from the shop Brian was waiting outside to collect me and the guitar so I grabbed what I needed and went.

The prayer meetings are still going strong and today the worship leader turned up, which was good as I think plan B was I was playing! I got back from home group at about 4pm and have decided to start on the next module of work for year 7, I am trying to give the various topic areas a ‘Pam touch’ and a functional maths project to go with them. I may be wasting my time if the new UK government decide that functional maths is no longer  the focus and it truly wants to go back to rote learning, but the kids in year 7 enjoy it so I will probably keep it in as we are not so tied to the curriculum here.

The queue at the bank was big this morning and Ruth tells me she could only take out 2000 LE when she went. By the time I got back this afternoon it had died down to maybe half a dozen people so we may try to access Geoff’s money tomorrow as his dongle (the thing you stick in your laptop to connect to the internet via Vodafone) has stopped working even though he has unlimited download and it isn’t due to be topped up (they say recharge here) until the 15th. We would access it via the landline but the last tenant didn’t pay the bill so the phone company want a letter from the landlord saying he will act as guarantor, easier said than done!

More tomorrow . . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment