Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Wednesday 23rd February

 

Cleaning day! With Geoff at work I get to do most of the house jobs so today I polished, hovered, mopped, . . . . and then ironed the curtains I made with Liz yesterday. I had bought the material in Boulaq several weeks ago and have finally got round to sorting it out. Liz sewed on her machine while I ironed hems and such, it took about 3 hours to make 6 curtains. There are 4 for the main window and 2 to hang over the arch when we find a curtain pole. The 4 at the window make the room look more homely and less Egyptian. We shall probably need a net curtain as well eventually so we can leave them open.

The only ‘cleaning’ job I don’t do is shutting the washing machine door. There is a knack to it I don’t have which leads to a large amount of water over the kitchen floor, so I load and Geoff shuts, usually before he goes to work and when he gets home!  

Tomorrow I am looking for curtain poles and packing food bags – and coffee at a coffee shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment