Sunday, November 28, 2010

Another Year Older

What an exciting week! First of all we got post from the UK and ST Helena! Mum sent me a birthday card, Steve and Maureen sent us Peter Johnson’s Joyce’s card got delivered to school, Mum’s and Maureen’s post get delivered to the bahweb (doorman kind of) and then he brought it up to the flat that evening.

Then I had a birthday with loads of presents, most of them practical, like a colour printer and some plastic wallets, but I got a great book with photos of Cairo in and a cute wooden guitar ornament. Geoff got me the most amazing birthday cake which I took to life group and forgot to photograph! Imagine this . . . circular sponge cake, 30cm diameter, 3 layers interspersed with Egyptian cream, an outside edge of cream with nuts and stacked on top with 8cm high with strawberries and black cherries YUM!

Friday was birthday treat day and we went to City Stars, 5 floors high, it is an enormous shopping mall with a cinema. So we shopped at Toys R Us, ate at Burger King, took an amazing picture on my phone, that I had to email to myself from my phone to get hold of it, and went to see Harry Potter. The Egyptian cinema experience was different – the film started exactly at the time stated 1 pm, so no adverts, just as well we were on time! Then half way through. the film stopped and people went to buy popcorn and drinks, after about 15 mins and the flashing of the cinema lights the film resumed and played to the end. We then wandered through the mall to see if Virgin was open. It was and Maddy finally got a cover for her Blackberry and I picked up a couple of puzzles for school.

Image0006

Saturday was exciting too as there was a craft fair at the church, lots of the local crafts people were there and I bought Christmas decorations and a bible that Maddy asked me to get for her. It’s an NIV translation aimed at teenage girls, so it’s a bit pink for me!

craft 1

We got a metal Christmas tree, lights and decorations as well, which, even though, it’s just the end of November, we’ve put up.

craft 2craft 3craft 5craft 6

No comments:

Post a Comment