Saturday, April 2, 2011

Baby Shower 31st March

 

I think of all the people in the world I am the least likely to be associated with hostessing a baby shower! But I stepped up and offered our flat for the great event for 3 weeks before Melinda’s due date. In the UK being pregnant is described as being in the ‘pudding club’ so the food for the evening was puddings. Those that could baked and those that couldn’t went to the amazing cakes shops.

baby shower1

As well as the food we played those traditional baby shower games ‘pin the sperm on the egg’ (Maddy found this when doing some research online for me!), ‘draw the baby on a plate while balancing on your head’ and the all time classic – ‘scoop the cotton wool balls with a wooden spoon and blind folded’.

baby shower 2

Social conversation covered all sorts of topics from where the Revolution had got to and where it was going to what a good book ‘The Shack’ is! (I tried Nick but they didn’t hear). I was confused why Christians would think that a book that promotes God as a black woman etc would be a good thing to have circulation, surely this is just more deception?  

baby shower3

No comments:

Post a Comment