Thursday, October 7, 2010

6th October

The 6th October is a public holiday in Egypt to commemmorate regaining the Sinia so we had Wednesday (and Thursday off school). Maddison arranged to meet her friend Louisa at the Family cinema in Maadi to go see The Expendables (there appears to be no censureship and ratings here at all). She dragged her loving parents along for the usual financial support but found the films had changed. Not wanting to see either 'Eat, Love, Pray' or 'Inception' they moved onto the trampoline and ice skating. Geoff and I wandered up and down the Nile Cornich taking pictures and visiting shops. I got a 'dongle' so I can be on the internet at the same time as Geoff and we discovered a new (to us) supermarket called the 'Alpha Market' .

Another Pavement we found outside the Nile Mall


Bank of the Nile


We pass this fountain every day on our journey too and from school and it is just outside the Nile Mall so I had the opportunity to get a picture!

Boing went the girls
Afterwards they went iceskating and I discovered I need to practise my action shots.
Maddy has suffered with bumps and bruises all the next day and beyond.
Geoff has booked a quick trip back to the UK (we found it hard to come to terms with the fact that he could book today, Thursday, for Sunday, and be returning on Wednesday). What a difference to being on St. Helena. He is going back to collect the black laptop we left to be mended and my acoustic guitar as well as some books and DVD's. Because of what we want it is cheaper and more reliable to collect them rather than have them delivered by DHL. So Maddy and I will have to do our own cooking and washing etc rather than having Geoff look after us.





1 comment:

  1. Oh yeah, that's radical - you could practically do a weekend holiday to the UK or any European destination!! That hadn't occurred to me, but a shopping spree is only a hop, skip and jump away.

    ReplyDelete